How to Determine if You Have a Florida Personal Injury Case – Lazarus & Lazarus

Fort Lauderdale Accident Attorneys

You’ve been in an accident but you’re not sure who was at fault for the accident and you are also not completely sure if you injuries are serious to warrant a call to an attorney. A friend tells you, “just let it go, it’s not worth all the trouble.” Friends don’t always give good advice.

Every accident has the potential to be serious because circumstances can change, issues can arise from hidden damage property, and injuries may also manifest as serious weeks after the actual accident.

Here is a fact: The United States Constitution and Florida law give people who have been injured in accidents the right to seek compensation from those responsible. Very few people, however, understand the statutes which apply to negligence and personal injuries which is why attorneys are available to help. Florida law imposes a “duty of care” on people and businesses which means that we all have to follow duties in certain circumstances and if someone fails to, and causes injury to someone else, they can be determined to be negligent. Everyone who drives an automobile in Florida is expected to drive in a reasonable and safe manner, obeying all traffic laws and maintaining their vehicles so they operate safely. If an individual drives with no brakes, for example, and they crash into the rear of your car causing injury, you have the right to sue for damages, pain, and suffering.

If a company does not maintain their property in a safe condition and someone is injured, they may be found to be negligent. If a professional person such as a physician does not treat a patient with the duty of care all doctors are expected to use, they may be negligent or be guilty of medical malpractice. Understanding the responsibilities everyone assumes under the law and the rights of Fort Lauderdale Accident Attorneyscitizens to seek compensation for damages is why personal injury attorneys exist.

In many accidents, there is negligence by more than one party. Known as comparative negligence, one party may be 75% responsible and the other 25%. This is an area best reviewed by an experienced attorney. Many people feel that if they were even minimally responsible for an accident, they do not have a case, and this is incorrect. Call an attorney.

Products that are defective and cause injury fall into a category called strict liability which is different than negligence. Anyone who sells commercial products in Florida is responsible to sell a safe product and if it is not there may be a liability for injuries caused by defect(s).

Fort Lauderdale Accident Attorneys

Most attorneys, including those at Lazarus & Lazarus do not charge victims for an initial consultation, nor do they collect any fees until a case is concluded. Our primary goal is to obtain justice for people who have been injured, lost time from work, and had property lost or damaged in an accident or because of a defective product. If you’re not sure about whether you have a case or not, call. We’re here to help.

A phone call to Lazarus & Lazarus at (954) 356-0006 is free as is your consultation, and all communication with our office is completely confidential.