Albert Einstein said “Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses avoid them.”
What did he mean by that? We know that if there is such thing as a good problem, it’s the one that never happens. And isn’t it true that you can’t avoid something bad if you don’t see it or know that it’s coming? That’s why we have headlights on our automobiles, and we focus on the road ahead.
Some people say “Oh well, accidents happen” and think there is nothing you can do about them. We believe accidents can often be avoided if you are aware of their potential. Let’s discuss how to be a genius:
What are the most common accidents?
- Read-end Collisions. How can these be avoided? You can avoid rear-ending someone if you focus on the road, do not allow yourself to be distracted by your cell phone or other occupants, make sure your brakes are working properly, and leave a safe stopping distance between you and the car ahead. You can actually help to avoid someone crashing into you by making sure your brake lights work and by trying to leave an emergency exit route in case you see someone coming up fast behind you. When you stop at a light, don’t be 6 inches from the car ahead, so hopefully you can get out of the way.
- T-Bone or Cross-Traffic Accidents. These usually happen when someone runs a red light or stop sign. Just because you have a green light does not mean you should blindly enter an intersection. Move into an intersection with your peripheral vision engaged, checking for other vehicles left and right. Driving defensively means you never assume other drivers will obey traffic laws and that they can see you. They might be texting and driving, a big no-no.
- Clipping other cars while merging. Ease your way into moving traffic and try to do it at the same speed. Use your mirrors and your eyes by looking over your shoulder if you can. Never assume the other car will speed up or slow down. If you’re the one merging, the other drivers likely have the right-of-way.
- Low-speed Collisions. Parking lots are the scene of more accidents than any other place, and they can be dangerous, especially when a pedestrian is involved. Move slowly, don’t let your guard down, and don’t be distracted.
- Single Vehicle Collisions. These crashes are all-too-common, and often happen because the driver is distracted, texting, or intoxicated. Just don’t do those things. There is time later to reply to a text or make a call. Never, ever, drink and drive.
Now that you are aware of over 80% of all accident causes, don’t you think you can give some serious thought to avoiding them? It is far better to avoid an accident than to deal with one after the fact. If you can’t avoid an accident, one of the most important decisions you will have to make is who to call for help in solving the resulting problems.
Florida Accident Attorneys
Choosing an attorney to help you deal with damages, injuries, legal issues, and more is crucial. You’ll want to select someone with years of experience and a proven track record helping victims get the help they need. We invite you to look at reviews from our clients over many years, who have kindly reported their experiences with our firm. We work very hard to see that you are compensated fairly for your pain and suffering as well as lost time from work and other damages. Call us at 954-356-0006 for a free consultation.